Tuesday, August 3, 2010

.

An incredible, challenging and love-filled year has already passed us by. How lucky we are to have been given such a lovely little girl to watch grow.  I'm pretty sure that she had a wonderful day with all of her grandparents, her Australian uncles and aunties and her gorgeous little friends to help her celebrate.
 
It was an exciting milestone for me too. A sense of fulfilment and accomplishment wrapped up in unsurpassed pride. I could go on all day, but will spare any reader that I may have.
 
Here is my first attempt at a birthday cake. I still can't believe how much easier this was than I expected it to be.
 
To make this, I found a cute picture... she loves elephants, I then:
-Traced the shape of the cake tins onto baking paper to get the right size.
-Copied the picture I'd chosen on to the baking paper.


-Made 2 chocolate cakes and cut the picture out of the cakes using the baking paper pic as a guide.
-Mixed up a basic frosting and added blue colouring until I got the right blue and used this great icing stuff (see below!) for the outline. It was so easy to use.

At the end, I mixed up some runny white icing and used a small paint brush to fill in the eye.

All in all, so much easier and less time-consuming than I had expected!


IMG_1447

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message!